วันศุกร์ที่ 9 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2553

Hot Hot Hot by Mayuret 520132013


I went to Pattaya for seminar last week. Most of the time I stay in the hotel but when I step out to buy some utensils outside I can feel that the weather is really hot. A SUPER-hot April temperatures hit 43-44 degrees Celsius. I mentioned this problem with my colleges who mostly 20 – 30 years older than me. They all said the same ‘In the past, it was not as hot as these day.’

The main causes of hot weather were air mass, air pressure and storms. I think human activities that caused emissions of greenhouse gases also contributed to the problem. Global warming is no longer a hoax, nor a phony threat created by some environmentalists with hidden agenda. In fact, this natural phenomenon is more real than what people could possibly imagine. Its existence and threats to mankind have been scientifically documented with concrete evidences, statistical data, and occurrences that should be sufficient enough to keep world citizens from ignoring the reality, while also urging them to reflect on their actions.

I notice many places around us use air conditioning; houses, shopping center, hotel, shops, restaurants, library, hospital, post offices, banks, or even our class room in HB7 that we always open in day time every weekends.
What will happen if all of us only think about ourselves and escape the hot weather alone by using air conditioning? I think environmentally friendly rules should be laid down to avoid crisis. In addition all of man must become more awareness and be responsible for the environment as if it’s their property.

Let’s share how to become greener!

3 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. ไม่ระบุชื่อ10 เมษายน 2553 เวลา 10:23

    Wow! This is such a great HOT issue to talk about. I’m getting hot now – even though I am in Chiangmai, not in Pattaya.

    I agree with you, Pii Mayuret. People, nowadays, more and more, try to ‘escape’ from hot weather by using air-conditioner. Just electric fan seems not enough anymore. However, honestly, I am one of people who do avoid facing hot weather by going to the shopping malls, turning on all day long the air-conditioner, and increasing the cool-level in the car. I can’t help it, frankly. The weather is too hot to stay put – don’t even talk about meditating in order to calm myself down. I am sweating to die, I believe. :-)

    But, to talk about turning-on-the-air-conditioner-in-HB7-during-day-time, to me I think this is not the problem at all. I think that everyone also wants to have it turned on – since the weather is extremely very hot. Would someone really want to suggest that we should leave all windows open and let some hot breeze in the room? Oh no! PLEASE!

    To become more Greener, I don’t forget to talk about it :-), I suggest we go studying in the small garden which is below the bridge connected HB6 and HB5 together. There, we will have natural light, natural air, and the shade from trees around there. This also means we help save the energy. Good idea?

    Does anyone want to do this next time? :-)

    (Can anyone tell me how to show the picture like you did in yours?)

    Tarunyoo Puttarak 520132009

    ตอบลบ
  2. To tell honestly, I can’t stand for the hot weather, so I escape it by staying in air condition rooms such as CMU library or shopping malls.

    However, at my home, there isn’t any that machine. My family prefers using desk fans because they are cheap and easy to maintain. In addition, it isn’t necessary to buy them because my hometown located in countryside which the weather is quite cool and fresh. My father likes to plant many trees such as mango, jack fruit, longan, papaya, herb and spicy trees. Therefore, my home’s area is cool and shady.

    Personally, I think that it is difficult to campaign about global warming issue because it is far away from most of people’s awareness because the authorities set policies which is much theoretical than practical. I notice that all know that our earth is hotter. But how about method for decreasing globe’s warming? I wonder how many people exactly know about it and can do correctly. It is like a fashion which comes and flows. We are Thais, should more care about our environment, not only our business and money. It never works if we think about our advantages more than our lives.

    ตอบลบ
  3. You are all right. Even though I am the one who love a hot weather but it is not too hot like this in Chiangmai. Global warming is now the biggest and severest problem that we must help each other to save our world. Some people may think that it is none of their business, but they are totally wrong. It is our problems since we all cause the problems. All electricity that we use such as a refrigerator, an air conditioning, computers, etc cause the global warming. It is the global issue that many countries have concerned about this issue. However, I don’t think it is going to work since there are only those governments act about the problems but it lacks of our co operation seriously. We are still sometimes ignored the problems. Some people still burn forests and even worse, they burn garbage. Moreover, if we look clearly we can see that our daily behaviors destroy the environment. Instead of waiting for the governments to react, why don’t we start from ourselves to reduce using unnecessary electricity, reuse plastic bags, and of course bring them back to use again, “recycle”. Furthermore, add more green areas such as planting trees and flowers and preserve forests are one of the best ways to heal the world and of course to maintain our lives.

    ตอบลบ