วันจันทร์ที่ 22 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Teenagers


Last year I remembered that my mother had a quarrel with the neighbor. They antagonized each other with the very rude words that ones could be able to hear. Just only the reason that my mother wanted her to move the cart away from the door of the house, they cursed each other. It was for a while that they had yelled, shouted, and screamed to one another. They seemed not to care that other people were looking at them and gossiping them. However, the situation turned worst – when that lady’s teenager son came in. He, of course, took side with his mother; he yelled at my mother – mentioning the lower part of human organ, ran to her, and tried to attack her. I, after watching for while, when saw that, ran to him and extremely angrily stared at him. He said to me, “Younger or older I don’t care. I will get them all!!”.

I know that a good son or daughter will always want to protect their parents and this is actually considered the good thing that children should do to their parents. Nonetheless, they should listen to the reason or the real cause of the problem first, and then judge or decide what they want to do. Teenagers always get upset very easily. They are hot temper with every little thing that they think annoying them. Some of them even solve the problem by using physical strength – fighting. They want to show their power that they are the strongest ones among others and this is why they think they are right in doing everything. Some of them, honestly, have never thought of doing something else instead such as, talking, reconciling, or staying quiet.

In that situation I know that that lady is completely wrong. She, without asking for permission, settles her cart in order to sell things in front of my house. My mother does not bother that. She just wants her to move a bit from the front door because she cannot get into the house, but that lady does not seem to care. Instead, she says that my mother is mean for not allowing her to stay. Worst, that lady does not stop her son from trying to get to my mother. I know that he is going to punch my mother in order to show people around there that he is powerfully and physically superior to her. Ironically and stupidly, everyone there thinks that he is just only a buffoon – only good at browbeating ones who are younger, older or weaker. If he is really smart, then he will have asked for the reasons of quarreling. He will not just try to overcome the problem by doing like that to my mother.

Later, he was found guilty in the charge of intentionally trying to assault someone.


Posted by Tarunyoo Puttarak 520132009

4 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. I am so sorry for a situation which was happened to your mother and you. I used to face to such happening before. So, I understand your feeling quite well. You know, nowadays, in our society, we can easily quarrel and fight with someone or a stranger.

    Therefore, most Thai people absorb much more western culture which focuses on personal right and freedom to do whatever they want. Sometimes, they over express and overuse their right without common sense and self consciousness. So, their action causes an argument or a severe conflict.

    Frequently, people hate, hurt or kill each other because of a little dissatisfactory. I realize that we should think about another more than ourselves in order to avoiding a disagreement and try to find an integrated satisfactory, not for winning or overwhelm another’s thinking.

    ตอบลบ
  2. ความคิดเห็นนี้ถูกผู้เขียนลบ

    ตอบลบ
  3. I understood how you felt since I had experienced this kind of the situation. I have learnt that respect and patience are the best solution to avoid problems and quarrels. We are now lack of reasons and respect to one another. We think of ourselves as the center of the world and make our own assumption what is right what is wrong without concerning the reality and the truth of what is happening. Our own instinct teaches us to believe our own thought and blame others instead of blaming ourselves. Sometimes we use emotions and our own assumption rather than reasons to judge something. Thus, problems may occur since everyone believes his or her own thought that they are right when they have different ideas and thought. If we learn to respect and be patient to different ideas and problems we can live together without having problems. We now exercise our own power and rights too much but we do not respect other’s rights and decisions. We should step back one step and realize problems reasonably instead of using force against one another both verbally and physically. Instead of fighting, face to face, talk to problems and find solutions together are the best way.

    ตอบลบ
  4. Sorry to hear that.

    Actually, I think nobody expect violence in their life. However, mostly unwell manner usually happen everyday and seem normal in our society. Especially in teenager. Perhaps because among their age, they learn how to be an adult by trying out the action and see what consequence would be.

    I don't want to blame anyone but being parents in general should be mature enought to listen and consider reasons more than using the inner emotion.

    Moreover, trying to assault someone could lead to other serious problem.

    When there have a conflicts, the most important tool is consciousness.

    ตอบลบ